I use Siteground for all my sites. I think it’s a very good choice if site speed and funcionality are important to you.
In the first 24 hours after Product Hunt’s launch I had ~11k pageviews and the site didn’t slow down, even with my “Startup Plan” (which is only 3,95$ / month).
Plus they have a lot of pros:
- They have 3 datacenters in USA, Europe and Asia that you can choose for your server. Hustle Mode ON is currently hosted in Chicago. Europe’s datacenter is in Amsterdam and Asia’s datacenter is in Singapore.
- You have a free domain for the first year (altough not on all gTLDs).
- Servers are higly configured and your site will load super fast (see pingdom and gtmetrix screenshoots below).
- Support is super fast, professional and available 24/7.
- They have a unique Account Isolation Technology, which is a mechanism that isolates server accounts from each other. So, in case a site on the same server as your site gets compromised, your site will be safe.
- They have their own SuperCacher caching solution for WordPress and Joomla.
- They claim they have an overall uptime of 99.996% and thus far they’re right from what I can see everyday with my sites.
- A lot others I’m forgetting right now or I didn’t noticed ?
To be fair, obviously the price may be a little higher than other competitors like Bluehost, but I think that Siteground really worths the extra dollars ?